Tuesday, January 21, 2014

WOMEN IN ART/ A PARTIAL LIST

WOMEN IN ART                     WOMEN IN ART

I have compiled a partial list of women in art.  I have included women from Western, Asian, and Middle Art.  As we go along I will add more women to this list.  What one finds in art is that an artist can be important at one time and lose favor at another.  Who will eventually stand for time is yet to be seen.  I have included some artists I know and have heard speak at National and State Art Education Conferences, as well, or whose art fascinates me.  You may have your own list and you may want to add to this compilation.  I welcome your suggestions of interesting women artists doing interesting art.  I am also adding a you tube video here for you on 500 years of Women in Art, that if you have not seen, I believe you will thoroughly enjoy.  
All the names of the artists are highlighted and clickable.  They will take you to a link that will provide you with more information.
All the photography images come from google image and are only for the purpose of education and advocacy.
Click here to add your suggestions to list of Women Artists   Rabbits5@aol.com









BARBARA KRUGER                  

  


CINDY SHERMAN     





SHIRIN NESHAT                   









BERTHE MORISOT    



NIKI SAINT PHALLE     
       






FRIDA KAHLO       
         










EVA HESSE            












JENNY HOLZER                











MERET OPPENHEIM       





MARY CASSATT   
   







SANDY SKOGLUND     
    









NANCY GRAVES                








JUDY PFAFF      
                             








BETTY SAAR   













ELIZABETH CATLET         





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...